31 August 2009

Things in the works and Click here.


Sorry dear reader for the delay in posts, eye surgery tends to slow a girl down in the kitchen. My lovely mother Connie came to visit to take care of me and as all moms do, she cooked for me and Mr Wilson while she was here. I should say that my mom is perhaps not like your average mom unless like my mom, your mom was a chef, working in kitchens for over 20 years. Mom is nearly 70 and after a glorious 2 weeks of retirement, still gets up every morning to make the biscuits at a local fast food place in her small town.

My mom and public television chefs are truly the foundation of my foodie nature. Mom, who grew up on a farm, was always encouraging us to try new things and by things I mean new foods. While the neighbor kids were having macaroni and cheese from a box it was lasagna with 4 cheeses and stir fry at our house, which for the early 80's in central South Dakota was pretty experimental. There were 7 people to feed for dinner at minimum which might explain even my comfort in making dinner for a crowd. She still cooks in quantity however and after WLS, I find it a little humorous to see how much she makes for Mr. Wilson and myself.
Steaks on Tuesday night became hash and biscuits on Wednesday. As you can see mom is still adjusting to my life after WLS. I now own a biscuit cutter and mom has learned that whole wheat is the way to go.
Enough nostalgia, onto a food related topic. Let me talk briefly about my love of the coffee drink and Click. I have my coffee drink order down to a science. I am a grande non fat decaf 2 pump 2 Splenda mocha kind of girl. Yes, I do get endless shit for ordering this drink, from friends and Batista's alike. Enter Click. I won't go on extolling the endless virtues of Click, I will leave that to Melting Mama but I will say that for someone who greatly dislikes protein drinks, this is one I can say I will drink willingly. It tastes not like protein powder but coffee. Woot!! If you are looking for a quick protein boost or for my non WLS readers a breakfast in a cup, give it a whirl. To the folks at Click though, perhaps a decaf version for those of us who avoid the buzzy stuff?

Upcoming this week we have another cracker recipe and a chicken breast vs. bison smack down.

1 comment:

  1. Decaf CLICK would kick ass. It's possible. They're making new flavors/combos!

    ReplyDelete