17 September 2009

Behold the Power of Hungry

The honeymoon was over nearly two months ago, after 4 months away from the land of hunger, I am now once again a visitor. Funny thing about taking an organ that holds nearly a gallon of material and making it the size of a golf ball, it doesn't know if it is coming or going, let alone if it needs to signal the brain that it needs filling and you are hungry.

This works wonderfully in the beginning because you and food have to work out a new relationship with each other, its time for the two of you to see other people and explore your options. Feeling hungry would be like food drunk dialing you at two in the morning, it only makes both of you feel weird.

Here is how I deal with hungry, first make sure its really hungry, not bored, a habit or most importantly thirsty.  Secondly, don't ignore it, letting it go can let things get out of hand.  Make sure you have your go to snack handy if you aren't in a place you can eat.  I know thou shalt not snack, I have broken my daily intake into my morning dairy, two snacks and two meals, do what works for you.  I always make sure I have a high protein cracker around and some cheese, could be a low fat brie or something as basic as one of those cheese sticks.  I love Dr Krackers or Kashi's line of crackers, the rosemary garlic is fantastic.  Dr. Krackers currently has a rockin coupon on their website.  My favorite the seeded spelt is a pretty substantial cracker and I usually break on in half but 1 25g cracker has 5 grams of protein, is organic and has a big dose of whole grains.

No comments:

Post a Comment